My name is Jacqueline Medendorp. I am an English speaking psychologist and coach in Nijmegen. At my psychology practice I offer short-term person-centered and experiential psychological help and coaching for:
- psychological symptoms such as anxiety and depression
- eating problems
- psychosocial problems, such as assertiveness or bereavement
- work-related problems, such as burnout
- career questions
- relationship issues
- problems arising from expatriation
You can find more information in the box below.
Waiting time (as of June 5th, 2023)
The waiting time until the intake session is about two weeks.
At this time, I am not accepting new couples for relationship counseling and parent counseling. I am only accepting individual clients at this time.
Therapy and coaching can be conducted in English or Dutch. For information in Dutch, please visit medendorp-psychologen.nl.
Expat Psychologist in Nijmegen
Through dialogue, I can help you gain insight into your emotional symptoms and problems. It will become clearer to you how you cope with the problems you are facing and why. I can help you develop more compassion for yourself, become more authentic and help you find solutions that fulfill your psychological needs so that symptoms are reduced.
As a coach, I can help to clarify your questions so you know what you want in your life or career and why. I can help you realize your goals with curiosity, pleasure and resilience.
Psychological assessment (only in Dutch)
A psychological assessment can provide insight into a psychological symptom or problem in a short period of time. Depending on the question different paths are possible, for both individuals and businesses.
Examples of psychological symptoms , problems and concerns, with which I can help as a psychologist and coach:
- anxiety, fears and phobias
- adverse childhood experiences
- assertiveness, communication
- conflicts at work
- depression, lethargy
- disordered eating, the so called eating disorders, anorexia nervosa, boulimia nervosa
- expatriation, transitions, adjusting to life changes
- life balance
- loss and grief
- self-confidence, self-esteem
- perfectionism, fear of failure
- recurrent problematic life patterns
- relationship issues
- parenting: communication, recurrent problematic patterns
Examples of psychological issues and problems that can be answered with a psychological assessment in a short period of time:
- What would my ideal job look like?
- What are my strengths and weaknesses?
- What is the reason for the frequent absence of the employee?
- Does the work situation / job requirements fit the employee adequately or is there a mismatch?
Psychologist Nijmegen, Coach Nijmegen – Medendorp Psychologist
PSYCHOLOOG NIP – Registerpsycholoog NIP